School Based Counseling
If you would like to refer a student to the Wellness Center or to one of our therapists, please click here to fill out the referral form.
If you are experiencing a medical or psychiatric emergency, please call 9-1-1 or go to your nearest hospital.
If you are concerned that someone else is an immediate danger to themselves or someone else, please call 9-1-1 and request that a Crisis Intervention Trained (C.I.T.) officer do a welfare check.
If this is not an emergency, but you are in need of immediate support, please contact one of the crisis resources listed below:
- Crisis Text Line: Text BAY to 741-741 or call 1-855-278-4204
- Lifeline Crisis Chat: www.crisischat.org
- Bill Wilson Center's 24/7 Teen Line for Youth 1-888-247-7717
- California Youth Crisis Line (CYCL) 1-800-843-5200
- 24 hour Uplift Mobile Crisis: 408-379-9085 or 1-877-41-CRISIS
- Santa Clara County Suicide and Crisis Hotline: 1-855-278-4204
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
Please DO NOT leave a message for a CASSY therapist under any circumstances if you are concerned for your safety or the safety of another person. Instead, please reach out to the services provided above or contact the Los Gatos-Monte Sereno police department by calling 911 or the non-emergency police communication line at (408) 354-8600.
In a given year, 20% of young people experience mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, eating disorders, academic stress, low self-esteem, and substance abuse. Unfortunately, the vast majority of these kids do not receive the treatment they need. Left untreated, many teens contemplate suicide, the 3rd leading cause of death for young people today. CASSY started in 2009 to attack this problem and provide the social and emotional support our young people need.
We have proven that when you put competent, compassionate therapists on the school campus, students will come in and get help. In fact, about 20-25% of the entire student body will come in. Some once or twice. Some every week. Being school-based is absolutely the key.
CASSY’s approach is quite simple:
- Partner with schools that understand and value the importance of mental health to the educational process
- Hire professional, compassionate therapists that love working with youth
- Set up shop right on campus and integrate the CASSY team with the school’s staff
Please visit our organization's website for more details: