Principles of Engineering
Principles of Engineering (POE)
- POE is a project-based course where students solve real engineering problems using a hands-on approach.
- Through a series of activities and explorations, students are introduced to a variety of engineering fields (mechanical, electrical, structural, and robotics).
- Design challenges allow students to work collaboratively to build and test their own solutions.
- Students build solar-powered cars, wind turbines, laser-cut bridges, compound machines, robots, and remote control cars.
- Students work with modern software tools that support the design process. These programs include Excel, MDSolids, WP Bridge Design, LoggerPro, CorelDRAW, and VEXcode (programming language used with VEX motors and sensors).
Recommended Prerequisites: Concurrent enrollment in Geometry or higher. No prior engineering course required.