Principles of Engineering (POE)
- POE is a project-based course where students solve real engineering problems using a hands-on approach.
- Through a series of activities and explorations, students are introduced to a variety of engineering fields (mechanical, electrical, structural, and robotics).
- Design challenges allow students to work collaboratively to build and test their own solutions.
- Students build solar-powered cars, wind turbines, bridges, compound machines, robots, and remote control cars.
- Students work with modern software tools that support the design process. These programs include Excel, MDSolids, WP Bridge Design, LoggerPro, and ROBOTC (programming language used with VEX motors and sensors).
Prerequisites: Completion of Geometry and Biology. No prior Engineering course required.